A Recipe & The Changing Seasons Roundup
Younger Child made these little delights again this weekend for gifting. Since they were so well-received, I thought to share the recipe. When trying to linkup to realsimple.com where we found the original recipe, we found the author had taken it down. So unfortunately, we are unable to provide the original recipe nor credit the originating author.
Our version is adjusted for a smaller batch to fit a 12 mini-bundt tin. We also reduced the sugars. We took the rum out of the cake and made a rum drizzle instead (this was solely for selfish reasons as I am sensitive to alcohol and I wanted to have some cake).
Rum & Raisin Mini-Bundts, with a touch of apple
- 80g raisins
- 1/2 cup of rum (we replaced ours with warm water and put the rum in the drizzle)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 240g flour
- 1/2 medium red apple, grated
- 142g butter, softened
- 75g dark brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C
- Butter & flour a mini-bundt tin.
- Combine the raisins & warm water (rum, if you choose) and soak for about 15 min.
- Drain. Reserve the liquid.
- Whisk baking powder, salt & flour in a medium bowl. Toss in the drained raisins & grated apple.
- Cream the butter and sugars in another bowl until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well before the next.
- Add flour mixture & water, alternating between the two. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a bundt comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 5 min, then turn out the bundts.
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp rum
- water to thin to the correct consistency
- Mix the sugar and rum.
- Add a little water at a time until desired drizzling consistency is reached.
- Drizzle onto the baby bundts when they are completely cooled.
It’s almost time for The Changing Seasons
Thank you to those of you who shared May 2022 with us:
- Brian at Bushboys World
- Marilyn at Serendipity Seeking Intelligent Life on Earth
- Tracy at Reflections of an Untidy Mind
- Natalie at Natalie the Explorer
- Pauline at Living in Paradise
- Tish at Writer on the Edge
- Donna at Wind Kisses
- Sarah at Travel with Me
- Marsha at Always Write
- Natalie at Little Pieces of Me
- Julie at Eat, Play, Live
- myself at Touring my Backyard