Happy Place, Happy Space
We had made plans to virtually travel to Japan with my parents when tightened restrictions required us to postpone our visit to the Asian Civilisations Museum to enjoy the Russell Wong in Kyoto|Life in Edo side-by-side exhibition.
I had previously enjoyed this exhibition with Loving Husband, and then with the children, and so wanted very much to share this with my Intrepid Traveller Parents, who miss exploring the world very much. This week, we were able to do so.
The first stop was in the interactive space created to accompany the artwork. This selfie area features backdrops of Russell Wong’s photographs in colour (in the exhibition, his work is in Black & White). Aren’t my parents so adorable?
The selection of woodblock prints in Life in Edo has been completely refreshed since my last visit. An extremely helpful Gallery Assistant told us that these prints are light-sensitive and can only be exhibited for a particular length of time, which is how I was treated to a different set of artwork for this portion of the exhibition. After reporting this to Loving Husband, he wants to come again. Another visit to look forward to!
🍁 🍁 🍁
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in, ping back to this post and I will include you next week.
- Antoinette Truglio Martin‘s Beach Week Coffee Share: spends 2 glorious weeks in a beach cottage
- Breezes At Dawn‘s A Monday meander: Holding my place: looks forward to a week with family
- Carol Ann Siciliano‘s Delights: reflects on kindness, nature and other deep thoughts
- Deb’s World’s When Plan A doesn’t work, switch to Plan B: looks forward to Plan B
- Laurie Grave‘s A Feast for Fools: gathers for an indoor picnic
- Little Pieces of Me’s Grateful Fridays: returns safely from an amazing trip
- Maria at Green Dream‘s Weekend Coffee Share: out of the ordinary: harvests an abundance of tomatoes
- Natalie the Explorer‘s Laneway Art & Recent Reads: showcases a laneway of murals painted on garage doors
- The Sandy Chronicles’s What’s On Your Plate: Eggs: relishes different egg preparations
- Thistles and Kiwis’This Week’s Small Pleasures: basks in the beginnings of spring
- Trent’s World‘s The Weekly Smile: walks, swims & kayaks with his niece & nephew
- Xenia at Whippet Wisdom’s A Beautiful Day: gives us a glimpse of her beautiful day
🍁 🍁 🍁
This post is my contribution to