Happy Place, Happy Space
Next best thing to a rain run is to run after the rain stops. It is a relief to get out there especially when you thought lightning and heavy rain was too hairy a proposition.
On one such morning, I was delighted to find myself doing hill repeats at one of my favourite neighbourhood spots. As I descended a series of hairpin loops, I breathed in the freshly washed air filled with the fragrance of pandan & other aromatics. Trundelling downhill, I marvelled at the brand new day gifted me; it was a good time to run.
I also contemplate Becky at Life of B‘ s grief journey; I am grateful for her bravery & generosity by allowing us to walk with her. I join in the Walking Squares this month in recognition that loss is a part of our lives, as is grief and remembrance. All walks, no matter how invigorating or challenging, do eventually end; the closing of one walk will give a another a chance to begin.
🏃♀️ 🏃♀️ 🏃♀️
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in Happy Place, Happy S🏃♀️pace, ping back to this post and I will include you next week.
- Barbara at Thistles and Kiwis’ This Week’s Small Pleasures: delights in Charlie’s recuperation, bush lilies, a restored path, among other small pleasures
- Carol Ann at Fashioned for Joy‘s Delights: contemplates books, piles of leaves and spooky matters
- Jo at Still Restless Jo’s The Autumn Mediterranean Garden Fair: takes us to a fair bursting with colour
- Laurie at Notes from the Hinterland‘s A Simple Birthday Celebration: conjures up a feast to celebrate with family
- Mack Marie at OhHi!’s Trying Oats, Burning Muffins, Eating Blue Habernero & Enjoying Fall: introduces Quinn to her first solids, showcases phenomenal foods and vistas
- Natalie the Explorer‘s Bay of Fundy: 5 Natural Wonders: highlights the spectacular vistas on this trip
- Trent at Trent’s World‘s Weekly Smile: basks in the outdoors
🏃♀️ 🏃♀️ 🏃♀️
This post in my contribution to