Happy Place, Happy Space
Earlier in the month, I joined Dorie Greenspan’s Bake & Tell Facebook group, a space where bakers (young, old, newbies, experienced hands) tackle monthly projects, ask questions, share tips and have fun with baking.
After drooling over many descriptions and images of the above said apple cake, I collected my ingredients (namely, four different sorts of apples) and finally baked it off in 2 smaller 6″ tins (one for me, one to gift).
To bake your own almost custardy, “I can taste the different apples” cake, follow this link.
I don’t usually peel my apples because I like the texture of unpeeled apples in my bakes (and yes, I am also a little lazy), but because this is the first time I am making this recipe, I decided to follow instructions and do so. In the interest of zero waste, I boiled the peel and made this delightful simple syrup.
What do you think I should use it for?
🍰 🍰 🍰
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in Happy Place, Happy Space, ping back to this post and I will include you next week.
- Barbara at Thistles and Kiwis’ This Week’s Small Pleasures: enjoys a work trip and celebrates her wedding anniversary – congratulations!
- Carol Ann at Fashioned for Joy‘s Delights: looks on the bright side despite being isolated because of Covid
- Jo at Still Restless Jo‘s Thanks for the Memories: shares highlights of her recent English visit
- Laurie at Notes from the Hinterland‘s Still Time for a Little Fun: takes time for games & smores while madly proofing her book
- Natalie the Explorer‘s Loving Life in September: shares a wrap up of an adventuresome & social month
- Tracy at Reflections of an Untidy Mind‘s Opposites: shares some busy vs calm images which she took for her Botanical Photography Group
- Trent at Trent’s World‘s Weekly Smile: delights in a kayak paddle where he meets a seal & other wildlife
- Xingfu Mama‘s Whatsoever is Lovely Challenge: makes cookies with a niece & catches a sunset and heron
🍰 🍰 🍰
This post in my contribution to