Happy Place, Happy Space
Loving Husband is on Spring Break these two weeks, which means extra run expeditions! We had an occasion to make an evening run and I had a mind to run in the Civic District – but I couldn’t quite put my finger on why.
After extended rumination, memory still didn’t serve, so we decided to make a just-because run around the Marina Bay area.
WWF-Singapore’s AR-mazing Tiger Trail is raising awareness and funding to address the unrelenting decline in tiger populations across Southeast Asia. At the start of the 20th century, 100,000 wild tigers wandered the Earth; today, only around 3,900 wild tigers remain and Southeast Asia is where the big cats face the most urgent crisis tigers …
Discover over 30 tiger sculptures and tiger-inspired art pieces designed by international and local artists (at various locations around Singapore). Each sculpture has a unique concept behind it.World Wildlife Fund, Singapore
We found two more that evening.
In early February, while celebrating Chinese New Year, these tigers were gathered in Chinatown before they were scattered across the island. We managed to catch some of them.
Post-script: still thinking about these tigers, we made a run to Gardens by the Bay this morning (Monday, Apr 4) to visit more of them.
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in Happy Place, Happy Space, ping back to this post and I will include you next week
- Carol Ann Siciliano‘s Delights: thinks on school encounters, present & past
- Laurie at Notes from the Hinterland‘s Friday Favorites: The Consolation of Nature: feels comforted by signs of Spring
- Markus + Micah‘s My first snow fall in Germany: watches the snow
- Nancy Loderick‘s It’s Peep time: celebrates the return of Peeps
- Natalie at Little Pieces of Me‘s Grateful Fridays: photographs a fundraiser for local equine rescue
- Natalie the Explorer‘s How I Enjoyed March 2022: delights in a month of good health, joyful moments and fun experiences
- Thistles and Kiwis’ This Week’s Small Pleasures: enjoys the pleasures of Autumn
- Trent’s World‘s The Weekly Smile: experiences a spring snow-fall, and smiles at endeavours with music, art & writing
🐯 🐯 🐯
This post is my contribution to