Happy Place, Happy Space
We celebrate Loving Husband’s birthday this weekend: champagne fry up to start Saturday.
Loving Husband is one of the most gleeful people I know, always game for an adventure, big or small. He has challenged me to try & do more things than I would have if left to my own devices.
First of several birthday cakes: this one gifted by Generous & Splendid Cousin, a Kueh Salat cake. Bottom layer is glutinous rice steamed with coconut milk, coloured by the bluepea flower. The top custard layer, made with eggs and coconut milk.
🎂 🎂 🎂
I learnt this week about image optimisation for WP posts – thank you, Pendantry for putting me forward as a case study! It would have helped prevent a situation which I encountered earlier this year: when my old blog was “running out of space”. Image Optimisation is not an idea I was aware of (read: my eyes glaze over when I encounter technical terms) and I would like to share it here as it might change the way you blog, like it has for me: The Green Way to Blog Longevity via Image Optimisation.
🎂 🎂 🎂
In case you are wondering, the title doesn’t contain a typo. Decades ago when the children were watching Angelina Ballerina, we were so taken by the way Miss Lilly said darlink, we adopted this term of endearment for our own.
🎂 🎂 🎂
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in Happy Place, Happy Space, ping back to this post and I will include you next week.
- Carol Ann Siciliano‘s Delights: attends a church retreat in the mountains & celebrates 30 years with her true love; happy anniversary, Carol & Kevin!
- Deb’s World’s Sharing some favourite snaps: brings us a series of smiles
- Laurie at Notes from the Hinterland‘s That Apple Time of Year: affords a peek into Farmer Kev’s delightful box
- Natalie at Little Pieces of Me‘s Grateful Fridays: delights in leaves, dog-therapy & opportunities
- Natalie the Explorer‘s Fall Cycling & Hiking: takes us her cycling & hiking trips
- Reflections of an Untidy Mind‘s Go Team!: enjoys several outings with friends
- Still Restless Jo‘s Precious Moments: shares snapshots of her time with Daughter & Son
- Suzanne at Life at No.22‘s What’ Been Happening: seeks out art despite galleries being closed
- Thistles and Kiwis’ This Week’s Small Pleasures: enjoys in culinary delights at home and out; take a peek at the lovely herbs she’s picked
- Travel with Ali’s A Family Holiday by the Sea: delights in a family holiday
- Trent’s World‘s The Weekly Smile: celebrates Tiberius recovering from an upper respiratory tract infection; hurray!
🎂 🎂 🎂
This post is my contribution to Weekend Coffee Share hosted by Natalie the Explorer