Happy Place, Happy Space
On our family blog, The Tan Times, are Halloween & All Saints Day ruminations for the month of October. Dad shared his memory of tomb-sweeping at Bukit Brown Cemetery, which exists today only in part, as many of the graves were exhumed to make way for a highway through the area.
Loving Husband and I have never been and decided to make a trip there to see for ourselves. There was a previous attempt last week but due to injury, we had to reschedule our adventure.
Lots of jungle around us: huge trees & shrubs which have grown mostly undisturbed; just another sultry morning in the rainforest.
We chose not to venture off the path into the jungle on account of my still recovering calf muscle and the numerous mosquito bites I’d collected. Still, an interesting expedition to a lost world for an hour or so.
🍃 🍃 🍃 🍃 🍃
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in, ping back to this post and I will include you next week.
- Carol Ann Siciliano‘s Delights: relishes time with friends and glimpses into the past
- Deb’s World’s A Yellow Swing & a Tree: looks forward to when grandchildren visit again
- Gary A Wilson‘s The Magnitude of Unseen Things: encounters a nervewrecking experience at work
- Jo at And Anyways‘ October Squares – Singapore Orchids: thrills with sights & memories of Singapore
- Laurie at Notes from the Hinterland‘s The Quiet Beauty of Viles Arboretum: brings us along on a serene & scenic walk
- Nancy Loderick’s Road tripping in Vermont- First Chester Visit: takes us on a tour of charming Chester
- Natalie at Little Pieces of Me‘s Grateful Fridays: treasures time with Tucker on the trail – hurray!
- Natalie the Explorer‘s Recent Reads & Fall Colours: shares her reads & fall captures
- Reflections of an Untidy Mind‘s Numbers Down: celebrates health workers & Dr Coleman for their much-needed & hard work in Canberra
- Still Restless Jo‘s An Idyllic Day: shares a ramble through quiet Castro Marim with Daughter
- Tanooki Homemade Cafe‘s Baba Ganoush: celebrates International Chef Day with an adventure in the kitchen
- The Sandy Chronicles‘ Grey September: captures stunning grey landscapes
- Thistles and Kiwis’This Week’s Small Pleasures: brings us a view of The Ducklings & good food
- Trent’s World‘s The Weekly Smile: enjoys unseasonably warm weather with a park clean-up & socialising
🍃 🍃 🍃 🍃 🍃
This post is my contribution to