How was your September?
Brian at BushboyBlog and I are co-hosting this challenge to share our month past. We hope you will join in with your own The Changing Seasons post. For those of you who are new to this space, details are at the bottom of this post.
🎉 🎉 🎉
I was never a big Birthday Celebrator as a young adult. But when the children came along, it became important to celebrate their annual milestones. Birth Days became Birth Weeks, and then when Festive Younger Daughter decided a decade ago that she had to have 11 parties to celebrate each year of her life, Birth Months became a thing.
And so through September, we celebrated my birthday. And what a month it’s been – it turns out that many BlogFriends as well as friends in Singapore also celebrated. There was a lot of cheer on my virtual spaces.
And of course, I ate a whole lot of cake!
This cake (shown in its glorious entirety in the Feature Photo) was baked by my Buttercream Queen Friend who decided to gift it some time after the frenzied cake eating time around the actual birthdate. I am loved.
🎉 🎉 🎉
What apple treats have you had this month?
🎉 🎉 🎉
About The Changing Seasons
The Changing Seasons is a monthly project where bloggers around the world share their thoughts and feelings about the month just gone. We all approach this slightly differently — though generally with an emphasis on the photos we’ve taken during the month.
For many of us, looking back over these photos provides the structure and narrative of our post, so each month is different. Some focus on documenting the changes in a particular project — such as a garden, an art or craft project, or a photographic diary of a familiar landscape.
But in the end, it is your changing season, and you should approach it however works for you.
There are no fixed rules around post length or photo number — just a request that you respect your readers’ time and engagement.
Tags and ping-backs
Tag your photos with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so that others can find them
Create a ping-back to Brian’s post or this post, so that we can update it with links to all of yours.
- Brian, my Outdoor-Loving Cohost, kicks us off at Bushboy’s World
- Marilyn at Serendipity Seeking Intelligent Life on Earth celebrates her 31st wedding anniversary with Singapore noodles! Congratulations to Marilyn & Garry! wishing you many more love-filled years together.
- Tracy at Reflections of an Untidy Mind brings us a wildly pink month
- Pauline at Living in Paradise braves a trip into Brisbane for Art
- Natalie at Little Pieces of Me enjoys a fun month outdoors
- Donna at Wind Kisses takes to the Appalachian Trail … her way.
- Suzanne at Life at No.22 had a trying month
- Gill at Talking Thailand