Happy Place, Happy Space
In better times, the Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza was a popular venue for events & fairs. Seldom did a weekend pass without something going on: product launches, company events, seasonal fairs. Since the pandemic struck, this space has been quiet.
My most memorable recollection is bringing the children when they were young to watch the Lion Dance Competitions. One year, we had a meal in one of the restaurants overlooking the civic plaza for a bird’s eye view of the exciting & colourful proceedings.
On this particular morning, the civic plaza was deserted, so we stopped to visit with the Lions, who are usually rather engaged with people taking selfies despite the Covid gloom.
🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁
I enjoyed a quiet 54th birthday tea at home with Loving Husband, NimbleFingered Older Child & BakingFiend Younger Child.
We got a selection of mini cakes from our favourite celebration bakery: Dolcetto. And just to complete the set, BakingFiend devised a Peanut Butter & Raspberry Jam Brookie (brownie+cookie), pictured on the extreme left.
🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in, ping back to this post and I will include you next week.
- Antoinette Truglio Martin’s September in Florida: flies to Ft Pierce, FL to celebrate a family wedding
- Carol Ann Siciliano‘s Delights: surfs the waves
- Deb’s World’s Sharing some love: shares her 1st 8 days of September in images
- Gary Wilson’s A Manic Mannequin Memory: relates a funny story involving a mannequin
- Heavens Sunshine‘s Sunrise on the Prairie: shares a stunning sunrise on Mnoke Prairie (Indiana Dunes National Park)
- Julie at Eat, Play Live‘s I stopped counting the years and count my experiences: celebrates a birthday. Happy birthday Julie!
- Laurie Grave‘s A Tale of Two Gardens & A Short Break: walks us through her front & back gardens as fall rolls around; she also celebrates a birthday later this month – happy birthday Laurie!
- Little Pieces of Me‘s Grateful Fridays: enjoys dog therapy
- Natalie the Explorer‘s Going Back to School: visits the University of Toronto
- Reflections of an Untidy Mind‘s Soft Voices: presents a Shelley poem and Mozart clarinet concerto pairing
- Thistles and Kiwis’This Week’s Small Pleasures: takes pleasure in walks & good food despite the lockdown
- Trent’s World‘s The Weekly Smile: enjoys a week with his parents at Cape Cod
🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁 🦁