Happy Place, Happy Space
Upon chatting with the young man who packs my veggies, I found out that these trays were going to be thrown out because many of them were mouldy and leaking juice.
I must have said something like, oh dear! what a waste! to which he replied, please feel free to take some with you if you don’t mind sorting through them. Which, of course, I excitedly said, yes please!
When I got home, I happily sorted through 11 punnets (he managed to find me these which were bleeding the least), and ended up with a colander of useable, although very ripe, fruit. I immediately cooked them with sugar & orange juice.
The next day, Baking Fiend Daughter made a Strawberry Brookie (brownie + cookie = brookie) with the cooked pulp.
Alas, we decided that the strawberry flavour was not distinctive enough. So we made a coulis out of the puree and drizzled it over the baked good. Much better!
Actually, the coulis is very tasty and we’ve been eating it over yogurt, ice cream and well, just straight of the container. It is fruit, after all.
🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in, ping back to this post and I will include you next week.
- Antoinette Truglio Martin’s Tomato Pie: showcases a household favourite
- Carol Ann Siciliano‘s Delights: paints with words
- Deb’s World’s Ways to Stay Afloat: helps local businesses in this time of need, and brings us a big smile with pink flamingos
- Heavens Sunshine’s Radiant & Fanciful: brings sunflowers with a smile
- Julie at Eat, Play Live’s Coffee & Chocolate Babka: plants an olive tree & receives postcards
- Laurie Grave‘s The Consolation of Tomato Sandwiches: shows us how to make a tomato sandwich like they do in Maine
- Little Pieces of Me‘s Grateful Fridays: has a varied list of things to be grateful for this week
- Marilyn at Serendipity Seeking Intelligent Life on Earth‘s Don’t Move the Furniture: reconsiders house-cleaning
- Natalie the Explorer‘s My 10 Favourites This Summer: shares her “Best Of” the summer
- Reflections of an Untidy Mind‘s Walk in their shoes: calls us to compassion as she shares her walks and through her Friday song
- Thistles and Kiwis’This Week’s Small Pleasures: spots pretty blooms on lockdown walks & amuses herself with talks, podcasts & Netflix as home
- Trent’s World‘s The Weekly Smile: nurses a sick kitty back to his adorable self
🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓
This post is my contribution to