Happy Place, Happy Space
We love our runs at MacRitchie Nature Trail & Reservoir Park – the soothing greenery, the varied terrain (muddy, sandy, rocky), the folks we briefly encounter. We feel invigorated and inspired each time we come out here.
This past week, we noticed a trio of older men somewhere mid-way along the route. If I had to speculate, I would say they were in their 70s. We saw them from afar and watched them walking & chatting; they were lively & energetic and obviously enjoying their time together. When we finally passed them, the Trio had moved apart: one was running, and the other two were walking briskly.
We bumped into the Trio again at the end of our run. Baffled by how they managed to end at the same time as we did, we asked which route they took. Apparently, there is an alternative way back to the visitor centre which they animatedly shared with us.
Conversation with these light-hearted, generous, spirited older gentlemen left us feeling inspired & hopeful – perhaps we will age into our running as successfully as they have.
Loving Husband running after one of the Trio.
🏃 🏃 🏃
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in, ping back to this post and I will include you next week.
- Antoinette Truglio Martin’s Hurricane Weekend: pulls through the effects of Hurricane Henri and is grateful for a cup of coffee (electricity is on!)
- Betsy Kerekes at Parenting Is Funny‘s: So THIS Happened: brings us the next instalment of the hilarious Chex Mix saga
- Carol Ann Siciliano‘s Delights: takes us on a walk through her week, each day filled with wonder and reflection
- Deb’s World’s A time for celebrating: Dottie turns 2: celebrates a special little girl
- Gary Wilson‘s Helping Her Reach Higher: recounts a heart-stopping adventure outing, with a wistful reminiscence
- Laurie Grave‘s Mermaid Swimming Through the Flowers: conjures an enchanting scene which tickles my imagination
- Little Pieces of Me‘s Grateful Fridays: delights in new running shoes
- Maria at Green Dream‘s Growing in my balcony garden: shows us the fabulous fruit growing in her balcony
- Marsha at Always Write‘s Prescott Loo with a View: showcases a very scenic facility
- Natalie the Explorer‘s Laneway Art & Canoeing Fun: shares more laneway murals & sights from her solo kayak outing
- Reflections of an Untidy Mind‘s Child: brings us a popular Filipino song from the 1970s
- Thistles and Kiwis’This Week’s Small Pleasures: makes the best of yet another lockdown with walks & good food at home
- Trent’s World‘s The Weekly Smile: introduces us to a new kitty
- Xenia at Whippet Wisdom’s Tanka: White Campion: transports us to sandy river banks
🏃 🏃 🏃
This post is my contribution to