Happy Place Happy Space
At a glance, it is just another wooden bench found in the Singapore Botanic Gardens, nestled amongst greenery along the Saraca Stream Walk for those who need a minute to catch a breath, or to sit a while to enjoy the ambience. For me, this particular bench will always have special significance as I had to rest here often during my rehabilitation during the summer of 2017.
I commemorate my birthday twice a year: once in September, and my RebirthDay on Pentecost, whenever that occurs. On this day, we celebrate the descent of the Holy Spirit on Jesus’ disciples, marking the beginning of the Christian church’s mission to the world. Pentecost also now marks the day I woke up after a month in an induced coma due to a persistent infection in my lungs.
Frankly, I have never been a huge fan of celebrating my own birthday but this is an occasion to give thanks for my second chance at life. And so, with a grateful heart, I celebrate this 4th RebirthDay.
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in, ping back to this post and I will include you next week.
- Carol Ann Siciliano‘s Delights: relishes visits from work colleagues, cicadas & deer
- Deb at TheWidowBadass‘ Camping at Miracle Beach Provincial Park.: takes us along on her camping trip to Miracle Beach Provincial Park.
- Deb’s World’s Keep looking up: looks up and captures some amazing sky
- Laurie Graves‘s Almost Normal: ventures out to town in warm weather to peruse books and stores
- Natalie the Explorer‘s Spadina Quay Wetlands & Fun List: shares fun birdhouses and an incredible birdhouse sculpture
- RestlessJo‘s Bright Memories: tackles another long flight of stairs in Capri
- Thistles and Kiwis’This Week’s Small Pleasures: enjoys a production of Giselle
- Trent’s World‘s The Weekly Smile: enjoys the little pleasures that come with the changing of the seasons