Happy Place, Happy Space
Much excitement when I opened my mailbox earlier this week! We half-heartedly retrieve junk mail and bills so when something else appears, there is squealing!
The occasion for the happy dance is a stunning card from Laurie Graves. Younger Daughter chirped “oooooh, she’s just like your penpal!” I chuckled because I didn’t realise she knew what a penpal was. It threw me back to a gentler, slower time when we wrote on aerograms and sent things by postal service.
My Maternal Grandfather had an American penpal from Dayton, Ohio. They corresponded for decades. For reasons unknown, we became recipients of his generosity as we received birthday cards & a US$1 bill for our birthdays for many years. Occasional care packages would also make their way to us: Beano comics and other interesting treats which connected us to a world which existed only in Sesame Street.
We are fortunate that the world remains accessible through our BlogFriends. We virtually visit exotic, new places, revisit old favourites. And on occasion even receive mementos from across the globe.
Excitement. Smiles. Memories. Warm feelings from a Snowy Scene.
✉️ ✉️ ✉️ ✉️ ✉️
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in, ping back to this post and I will include you next week.
- Dawn Kinster‘s This week’s noisy smile: visits with Red-Winged Blackbird
- Deb’s World’s Crikey!: spends time with critters at the zoo
- Laurie Graves‘ Friday Favorites: enjoys a walk filled with signs of Spring!
- Little Pieces of Me‘s Grateful Fridays: celebrates the return of the Osprey & the 1st camping trip of the year
- Meditation in Motion‘s Three Hours in the Woods: runs a 3-Hour timed extreme endurance race in the snowy woods
- Michele Somerville‘s Things that Bring Me Joy: treasures her husband, a Photography group from her hometown, and her dog Sheba
- Natalie the Explorer‘s A Year Later: enjoys the advent of Spring, and reflects on the year past since the 1st Lockdown
- Thistles and Kiwis’ This Week’s Small Pleasures: enjoys art performance themed around and on a bus
- Sanch Writes‘ Weekly Gratitude: explores the beach & street art in Cronulla
- Trent’s World‘s The Weekly Smile: smiles at lots of little things: good runs, good work week, pizza ….
✉️ ✉️ ✉️ ✉️ ✉️